Monday, December 17, 2018

Sneaking Around.....


Shhhhhhhh! I snuck some photos of Frank and poured through photos that he has taken, to try to figure out what he's up to all night in that studio of his....We are so lucky to have found a home with a detached studio....even though the lighting is a challenge, it still gives him his own space to work. But, just as well, if he had perfect lighting, I'd never be able to pull him away to the neighbors for apero, explore with the kids or to meet up with friends...I will show you what (I think) he is up to below....

Hey Frankie, I see you....
Vineyard Machines
I think there is a vineyard series on the horizon....I saw the beginning sketches of these totally cool vineyard machines that hover over and trim the vines after the vendange (harvest).

I saw so many views of this lovely rambling ruin atop some totally gorgeous hilltop. I think I need to personally visit this place....will have to remember to find out from Frank exactly where it is....


This photo proves that Frank is a painter with good practices, as he has taken a minute to step back to look at his painting from afar. Good job Frank! A gorgeous sunny scene.  We haven't had consistent good weather (damn it) so when the sun shows  up, Frank screeches out of the driveway in his little Fiat Panda to find a lee from the wind and to get to work....

Les Baumes, Sangliers Farm

My photo, I confess. But I WANT it to be a painting subject...Les Baumes, pictured here, is a  Sangliers Farm in Venelles. This farm is owned by a family that inherited property rather unwieldy for growing veg. So, they bought a few wild boar, and voila, now they grow and farm wild boars. Some are penned in and some roam the rock outcroppings above (click photo for close up). The 15 year old stud is massive and has his own muddy digs. They are curious and friendly creatures with lots of spunk....until, bien sur, they end up on your dinner plate. Alas. 

Didn't I tell you they were curious creatures???? (and really muddy)
Here are some of the latest family member pics, to get a feel for what else is going on.....

Jorgie potting the tree so we can return it to its home after it spends Christmas with us indoors...
 
Arlo and Hazel up at sunset in the village of Lauris, Provence.

The chateau in the old part of the village is a series of art studios, all with totally different shapes and sizes and of course, different art and artists....
Someone else should caption this one. Kyela Puech, photo credit.
And finally, I'm up to something too....feeling sneaky myself...packing and sending out these postcard sketches to collectors back in the US of A. Bon voyage! 

                  

3 comments:

  1. That pic of the ruins looks like Gordes, where Mario and I stayed last year. Cool ruins, and walking paths. Also, tell Frank the view from the road up to the town is amazing, but could lead to a tumble down the hill side. Still worth it! Love his output, and so wish I could be there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pictures muffy ,so glad you are enjoying the true country side , i mis the french bread and fromage ,all my parents brothers and sisters had farms in normandie and i used to go see them in their farms with my older brother by bicycle miles from our hometown ,such good memories, i go back every 2 years to see them . Enjoy every day of your year overthere ! I see you are doing that, tres bien !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pictures! What a treat...

    ReplyDelete